- 2018 Nissan LEAF wins "CES Best of Innovation" award for Vehicle Intelligence and Self-Driving Technology
- World's best-selling EV also named CES honoree for Tech for a Better World
- The 2018 LEAF goes on sale early next year with available ProPILOT Assist and e-Pedal technologies
NEW YORK – The new Nissan LEAF was named "2018 Best of Innovation" winner at the annual "Consumer Electronics Show (CES) Unveiled" ceremony, presented by the Consumer Technology Association.
The award, given before a crowd of tech industry experts in New York, marks the first international award for the all-new zero-emission Nissan LEAF.
As confirmation of Nissan's leading investment in innovation, the Nissan LEAF 100% electric vehicle with ProPILOT Assist and e-Pedal technologies took the following honors:
- CES Best of Innovation award winner for Vehicle Intelligence and Self-Driving Technology
- CES honoree for Tech for a Better World
Each year, the Consumer Technology Association announces its CES Best of Innovation award winners as part of the buildup to the January CES in Las Vegas. Nissan and the association will put on a special display of the new Nissan LEAF at the 2018 show.
"It is a great honor to have this early and important recognition for the new Nissan LEAF," said Daniele Schillaci, Nissan's executive vice president for global marketing and sales, zero-emission vehicles and battery business. "This award recognizes products and technologies that benefit people and the planet, so it is fitting that the new LEAF has been honored. It is more than just a car. It is the icon of Nissan Intelligent Mobility, our vision to move people to a better world."